Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ashland by 1:30 p.m.! 7 miles an hour!

Some technical hitch is preventing posting of pictures just now - but I'll be trying again later today.

The river Ron got out of last night south of Fremont was not around this morning. A deeper, faster, murkier river had taken its place. The flood waters he outran yesterday caught up with us overnight. Vernon Peterson, the kindly man with great river access who allowed Ron to beach Plattepus I on his lawn, said when the flood water first arrived it was carrying huge logs and branches. He saw a tire - complete with rim - go by before Ron got started this morning, and Ron called a while ago to say he'd caught up with the tire and passed it. He's zipping along at his fastest clip yet - 7 miles an hour!

1 comment:

JesusistheAnswer said...

Greetings Ron: I enjoyed the article in the Columbus Telegram about your river trip for a special reason. A group of men from this area are going to Peru in July. I have had several promptings about this trip and the article about you was another. We are flying to LIma July 22 for a week of ministry in Peru. We may stay in Lima or fly to Iquitos and go down the Amazon. I'll discuss this article with my pastor and see where it leads us. Amazing coincidence or assignment from God? I think I know. Hope your trip turned out well. If you want you can contact me at sevenlamps@yahoo.com. God bless you. JesusistheAnswer